WOW, has this weather been great or what?? We have been out everyday playing. I have been walking to get Logan after school and even one day this week we walked him to school in the morning because the temps were so mild. This week we also went to the Cleveland Zoo, Akron Zoo, the playground, had a playdate and the twins that Logan is friends with came over, riding bikes, and cars around the driveway. We have been on the swingset a few times but the backyard is still pretty soggy. Here are a few pics from the last week or so.
In other news, tomorrow I will be 25 weeks already. Campbell is very cute and likes to say that there is a "baby" in my tummy. Speaking of Campbell- he is so very silly. He has taken a liking to the color black and the letter X, he also loves to sing this song he made up that goes like this "ba bo be bum, cut, cut, cut" He also makes the cutting action with his hand while he sings. I can't believe he will be 2 soon. Hudson is learning lots and doing so well at Mommy's "school" We have started writing sentences and he is doing well. . . with my help of course. But he knows capitals to start, periods to end and fingerspaces between his words. He is such a different learner than Logan. He gets very frustrated so quickly. We usually do school while Campbell naps in the afternoon and I know he is sleepy (although he doesn't nap anymore). This causes a lot of his frustration. But it is easier to do school while Campbell is napping. He also knows all of his letters and sounds, how to sound out words, he can read over 50 sight words, counting to 100. . . although he gets stuck going from ie. 29-30, 39-40, 49-50 ect. , he can add and subtract simple math problems, write simple sentences ie "I like red." "Elephants spray water." - with my help sounding out the words, of course. He is excited for preschool in the fall and will go to Rise and Shine 2 days a week just like Logan did. Logan is doing great in school. Here is a recent note that was sent home from his teacher
"I just wanted to let you know how much I truly enjoy having Logan in class. He is always in a good mood and has so much fun learning every day. He is so social and I've been impressed with how he has learned to be upbeat and friendly with everyone but not disruptive to the class. He always does his best work and is so considerate and caring toward all of his peers (and us). I also love his thoughtful contributions to class discussions.Just thought you'd like to know that Mrs. Spicuzza and I are proud of him. keep it up!!!"
Now he has had his moments of being silly and getting into trouble. He just got into trouble last week for daring another student to spank another child's bottom on recess. . . of course the other child did it and it made the other child embarrassed. For all the good they learn in school they also learn bad things too. . . I was surprised Logan even knew what a dare was. He didn't touch the other child he just offered the suggestion to the other kid. I find that if someone else is doing something wrong that he thinks kinda looks fun he is very quick to jump on the bandwagon and do it too. . . even though he knows he shouldn't. We talk about that a lot. That if it feels wrong in your heart that you probably should not be doing it. He doesn't get into trouble very often (maybe 3 warnings this whole year) but when he does we make sure to follow up at home with more punishment. So for this last incident he had to miss recess (school punishment ) then he also had to (home punishment) write and apology note to the little boy, we had a discussion about why that is wrong and he missed wii for 3 days. I think it is a fine line and he is learning. . . because he said to us "but you hit our buckets" and yes, playfully we will tap Campbell's bucket because it is a cute diaper bucket. . . not in a mean way, it is like sports people giving each other a "good game." We told him it is one thing if we do it at home but different if you are not. We don't touch or tell someone else to touch anyone else's private parts. Which he understands. I don't fore see another problem with this ever. He really is such a great little boy. He is so kind and considerate of others. He helps his brothers out all the time. He is excelling at school. Above and beyond grade level in math and reading. We really couldn't ask for three better kids. They make us proud everyday.
Such a nice blog update! Pictures are fantastic! It really has been a great week with the weather so nice! Love, gmaK
ReplyDelete