Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day weekend










































Wow- what a busy weekend.  Friday Logan had off of school so we headed to Huntington Beach for the day.  The water was a little chilly but they had so much fun playing in the sand.  It wasn't crowded at all, probably because it was a work day which was nice.  Campbell didn't want to leave.  We were there from about 11-3:30.  With the hot temps (in the 90's) all weekend long it was great to be able to cool off.  Then we came home and de-sanded.  Oh man, they were covered in so much sand.  Then had a quick dinner and went to Logan's soccer practice at 6.  It was a short practice since it was the holiday weekend.  That night we got a terrible storm.  Our table nearly blew off of our deck.  Luckily, I heard it and Todd ran out and recused the table and we brought the glass top inside so it wouldn't break.  Saturday, we headed to a few stores and Logan got a new bike (which he paid half for since it wasn't his b-day or Christmas).  His old one was a hand me down and it was too small for him.  We came home and rode bikes for a bit then headed to our friends', Dave and Brenda's, for Ella's b-day party.  We stayed there all afternoon and then came home and put the boys to bed.  Sunday, we took the boys fishing for a little while.  Which was a joke.  No fishing actually gets done.  Logan caught a blue gill but then it swallowed the hook and was bleeding all over and Todd was trying to get the hook out and Logan was covering his eyes not wanting to look. Then we came home, had lunch and headed to a friend party for Logan, stayed for about half the party and headed to Cousin Vinny's party.  Boy was it hot out.  Luckily it was at the pool so all the kids had a chance to cool down after.  Then we headed home got the kids in bed and I headed out for a girls night with friends.  Monday, we headed to Butler's for the Memorial Day parade then left and headed to Mares' for swimming.  The boys swam all day.  They have certainly turned into little fish.  This is the first year Logan can touch in the pool.  So after this weekend the kids are thoroughly exhausted and so are Todd and I.  My feet and legs are so swollen.  I just haven't had time to relax and put them up.  Sitting with my feet down (like in a chair) only makes them worse.  I have to actually sit leaning sideways with them up on the couch to make them better.  I am going to take it easy tomorrow so the swelling can go down a bit.  I am 35 weeks now.  I can't believe in a month the new baby will be here.  I guess I should start getting some stuff ready.  Looking forward to a slight cool down in the temps for this week. here are a few pics.  the rest are on fb.

1 comment:

  1. great weekend fun! some of your pics are VERY interesting! love, gmak.

    ReplyDelete

the butler family