Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Paislee's big week





















So, I guess I have turned into one of those crazy mom's who takes her newborn out.  I kinda just got sick of sitting in the house and we do have 3 other kids who are used to being out and about. Todd has been taking them to swim lessons everyday, taken them grocery shopping 2x and today he is attempting storytime.  He said that even though he is using his vacation time this really hasn't been a vacation :)  Poor Campbell, we couldn't even get his shoes on his feet anymore because they were so small. . . I had just fed Paislee so I figured- let's all go to the store.  We ran to JoAnn's- Logan's scrapbook broke and I needed new extenders to put it back together (she stayed in the car with Todd and her brothers while I ran in). Next up, Target.  I had to return some taggies I tried to buy for Campbell but he won't use them even though his are falling apart.  Then we looked at book bags and lunch boxes because the "good ones" sell out pretty fast.  So Logan and Hudson both picked matching Angry Birds book bags for school.  She slept the whole time.  Then we headed to Kohl's.  Campbell got new tennis shoes and crocs, I got some more photo books and Todd got new sunglasses.  She slept the whole time.  What an exciting first trip shopping.  Nobody even attempted to touch her and probably didn't even know what a little cutie we had since she was pretty covered up in the carrier.  Next up- let's attempt the zoo.So at 1 1/2 weeks old we all headed to swim lessons (she slept in the car with Todd, while I sat and watched the boys) then headed to the zoo.  It was really crowded.  I fed her in the car when we got there (around 11am).  Then she slept again and I fed her around 2pm while the kids played on the playground with Todd, she was awake and alert for the primate building and the walk down the hill by the lake.  But I had her covered under a blanket so the sun wouldn't get her.  Again, nobody bothered us, only 2 people asked how old she was, and she didn't come into contact with any germs.  Then she slept again as we were heading home until after we got home.  It was nice to be out and about and to enjoy such a beautiful day with our family.  It was easier since Todd was there too.  I think that with Paislee being the 4th child she will just have to get used to being out and about since there are places I take the other kids too.  Next week, I will take Logan and Hudson to swim lessons everyday (the goal is to make it there on time at 9:35am)  Then before you know it- it will be August and we will have football and soccer practice for Logan, soccer practice for Hudson, school for Logan and Hudson and just a very busy life for this family of 6.  Here are some pics of our travels.  I tried to get a good pic of them all on the elephant but she was snoozing away so she isn't looking. 

In other news- Logan lost his 4th tooth last night.  He was so excited and got $2 from the tooth fairy.  

Sunday night we attempted to have a camp-in.  It was just easier than doing it outside.  Campbell didn't last very long and we put him upstairs but then he was crying because Logan and Hudson were still down stairs.  Eventually everyone went to sleep. 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Blog ... Wonderful Pictures ... Wonderful 4 Grandchildren ... Love you Logan, Hudson, Campbell and Paislee! gmaK

    ReplyDelete

the butler family