Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lil'. . . no make that BIG STINKER!!!!!


So this past week, Campbell has been TROUBLE. . . with a capital T. He had been off from napping since the holidays which meant he was really crabby. The good news is that he is back on track with naps but the bad news is he has decided to start getting up extra early. .. like 5:15ish. Which results in him being tired and cranky and when he is tired he seems to be naughtier. So this week- we had 3 temper tantrums -one at a playdate because I would not let him into the wii games at a friend's house, one at the PTO board meeting (I am secretary), luckily it was only at the PTO pres house and there were only 5 of us there, and the 3rd was at Melissa and Derek's engagement party because he didn't want his PJs on. He usually screams at the top of his lungs for about 30 min all the while throwing things if they are available or even laying on the ground. I usually just let him cry it out because he is so out of his element at the time it is happening that he doesn't even think clearly. Then all of a sudden he calms down and he is back to being good ole Campbell. Then this week he got into my permanent markers and wrote on the basement door, wood floor, side of fridge, and a few toys. I tried magic eraser and it only lightened it. The icing on the cake was Saturday morning. We were all awake and in our bedroom watching disney at 6:30am, Todd and I trying to get any last little bit of sleep that was possible and somehow Campbell opened a bottle of pink nail polish and emptied the entire bottle all over the floor (about 3x3 area) without us noticing until Logan said "oh no, Campbell has your nail polish" by then it was too late. So I spent 4 hours breathing fumes and cleaning the polish out of the carpet. It does look better but not 100%. I went through 7 bottles of nail polish remover, a bunch of windex (read online it was supposed to help), oxyclean and finally today I shampooed the carpet. It has just been a bad week for him. But I thought I wanted to document this. Campbell is 21 months old and full of trouble!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Once you read this back, in about 5 years, the whole episode will seem quite funny. He is just too cute and he knows it! Love you so much Campbell! Love you so much Logan! Love you so much Hudson! quess who???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think you were embellishing except that the Wii incident took place at my house so I saw firsthand how strong willed he really is. But man is he cute;)

    ReplyDelete

the butler family